Saturday, April 7, 2007

My opinion about skyscrapers

Nowadays, more and more skyscrapers appear in our world. In addition, those skyscrapers are more higher than the old one, it likes a competition about the height of buildings. However, when we see these great views of them, there are some debates about should we encourage or stop to build skyscrapers. In my opinion, I strongly believe that we should not stop to build skyscrapers because they can really help us especially in the future, and also bring some benefits to us.
Have you ever been to one of the skyscrapers to enjoy the great view ? It is really great. When I was 9 years old I went to the highest skyscrapers in my city ,it was a TV tower, when I saw the great views I said: So cool! Until now I can remember that feeling of happy, surprise……I think not only me had this experience also lots of people. Therefore, it becomes the first reason why we should build these kinds of skyscrapers, because it can be a place we can enjoy our life!
Also, it can urge the development of technology of build .As we all know ,we can build such great skyscrapers because we have the wonderful techniques of build. Like I said before ,now it likes a competition, so if they want to build more greater one they need to find more great methods to finish it, such as the more faster lifts, and also need to find out the protections of
lots of problems ,for examples, earthquake ,fire and powerful strong wind.
The most important reason I agree to build skyscrapers because I think it is the best solution of the fast growing population in our world. The fast growing of population is the one of the most serious problems in our world now, and although our earth looks very large but there is only a few lands can let humans live, because lots of places are oceans. Therefore, we must find a good solution to use the limited land let more humans live. Now, we can say congratulations to ourselves, architects find the best solution to solve this problem by building super high skyscrapers. All of those high buildings can use less land but let more people work and live in.
Maybe some of you will say skyscrapers can bring the negative effects to us, such as over spend or others negative effects on economic, however, in fact, those skyscrapers make our markets more prosperity. First of all, build the super size of building needs the huge numbers of the material ,and usually it needs allover the world markets to supply to it, therefore, all of the world’s economic can come up. Also, many of people are interested about the new thing, therefore, if the new highest building appears in our world, it can allure more people to visit it. As a result, it can let lots of different trades more prosperity, such as hotels, airplane companies, and also let more people have jobs.
In my opinions, everything has 2 sides, when they think about should we keep it or stop it, we should think about which side effects have more values to us. Therefore, focus on those reasons I think we should not abolish skyscrapers at least.

4 comments:

alice said...

I strongly agree with you! Skyscrapers will be the best solution for the future population problem. We can discuss more about it when we meet.

Jennifer said...

I agree with you. It is the best way to deal with the population problem. Moreover, designers and engineers can sovle the construction problems by using successful new technologies. So we can say these skyscapers are safe enough.

Arti said...

In a few decade later, I'm quite sure the ways people live will be similar to Sci-fi movies we ever seen. lol

Lania said...

Like everyone , very good and nice information .How Arti said , who knows how are we going to be in few decades???
Alina