Sunday, June 3, 2007

Pre-discussion

1.Should government be responsible for keeping consumers safe?

In my opinion, I strongly agree the answer should be “yes!” Government should be responsible for keeping consumers safe.Government have to follow their duties, also keeping consumers safe is an important duty should do well. Sometimes, as consumers can protect themselves but it’s a hard work for them.However, to government it is easier, because they are stronger and powerful than individuals. In addition, I think the basic duty of government is keeping its public’s safe, no matter which aspect of safe is.



2. Should government be responsible for protecting the “common good”? What is the “common good”?


Yes, government should be responsible for protecting the common good. In my views, I think the meaning of “common good” is the advantage of everyone. We live in public environment, and we just one life, therefore, we need someone to protect the common people’s lives. This important duty should be do by government, because they are the most powerful organization in the place.

3 comments:

alice said...

Agree with you Cathy! It is true that government is the most powerful organization that can protect consumers, yet consumers also need to be responsible.

mistone said...

Hello Cathy, I am surprised to see you have chosen exactly the same questions as me. We must have a telepathy!

ownhearts said...

g0o0o0od job sweetie, I agree with ur ansawr ^^