Thursday, May 31, 2007

RESEARCH PROJECT

Before I did this project, I think I could not did well as those models that teachers
showed to us. However, now I did it, and also I think it may be better than some of
models. After that, I think my writing improved a lot. I know how to write such a
long paper and how to write references, also some of grammars more clearly than before, such as how to use “pain” and “painful”. During this process, I really tried to use paraphrase to write some sentences and also used the method--- summary. In addition, this is the first time I know how to do research and get books, articles from the library, that is very useful to my future study in the university. While I think my research papers are not excellent, because although I correct it by many times, it still has some mistakes. Also, my feeling about this writing is also not good. Anyway, I hope it good.

I really enjoy listening to the presentations that was very great. Because everyone’s presentations were prepared very well, they were lectures to me. In addition, some of them were really interesting, and from those I got knowledge from different aspects. Also, I think that was a good method to learn from each others, learn what is good, what we should not do it in our presentations. Some of them used great PowerPoint to show examples to audience very clearly, some of them used blackboard did it. No matter what they used in presentations, they did the great jobs to show us their research very clearly. During the process of preparing for my presentations, I knew how important about practice and some sentences you need to say during presentations. For example, how I can start the presentations ,how I connect each ideas , when I forget something what should I say…… In fact, I did not think I did a good job of my presentations. Maybe I was too nervous, therefore I spoke too fast, some words did not speak clearly, and also looked at my notes and PowerPoint too much. Anyway, I finished it, I learn from it, that is good, isn’t it? I strongly believe next time I can do better job.

1 comment:

Alexander :-) said...

HI Cathy!
I strongly agree that we all did very during this project and that many of our papers where even better than the examples that we had a chance to see while starting it.
I think you did very well during your presentation Cathy and don’t forget that you had less time to prepare it than most of us in class, so feel proud of yourself :-) Alexander