Sunday, May 27, 2007

Improving Academic Performance


That is a good reading, not just helps us to practice English and also get some good methods to study. I like this kind of reading so much, because I can learn some useful thing for my life.

There are a lot of study habits, if you have some good of them that will help you a lot, such as setting up a schedule for studying and playing, and find a right place to study. As we all know, in university, students have classes and social practice in different time, and because we do not want miss some of them and also keep good balance between them. Therefore, have a schedule is very useful. In addition, in my views, write down a study schedule is important, especially for some who can not control themselves well without their parents. For some students, when they go into the university always leave their homework until deadline and some of them can not finish their research paper and fail the course. If they have a schedule and push themselves to follow it, that will be better. In my case, if I want to study I prefer go home or library. For me, those are the right place to study. At home, it is more comfortable, I can wear what I want, a comfortable seat, desk and …… In library, I can pay more attention on books, because that environment pushes me to do like that.

In addition, in this reading also shows a important method that can improve the quality of study---------SQ3R reading system. It has 5 steps: Survey, Question, Read, Recite and Review. Follow those steps can get more information from books and remember more.

Lectures play a important role in university, although I am not in university yet, I know “getting more out of lectures”. Some students in university said the lectures are very hard to understand, if they go to those lectures equal to waste their time, they can read book by themselves and also get good marks. Sometimes it really works, but I believe attend lectures can save time. Because we can at least know some points and know which points are more important, therefore after lectures we should pay more attention when we read those parts, instead of read all of them but do not know which are more important. For sure, we study not just for good marks but we can not say marks are not important. Like when I did my Lecture Project, I could not understand all of them because I did not have any background of it. However, I still can got some important points and use them in my research paper. That is enough, isn't it?

Some of my friends always finish their homework at midnight, as a result , the quality of homework are not good and also they can not have a good brain rest . Therefore, friends, go to bed early and have a good rest.

Have a good weekend!

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

well done cathy:)
The only thing is that although some people make a schedule for studing, it is hard for them to follow the schedule. Writing the schedule on the paper is necessary. the visible schedulel can motivate you to study. Moreover, you can reward yourself after you finish studying.

alice said...

It is quite hard for us to follow the schedule that we made. Though we want to follow...
Final exam is coming soon! Our new semester is coming soon, too. We will find a good way to study in university. There are a lot of good points in this article, we learned a lot and can use it in our future study.

mistone said...

Attendance is very important to keep your rythm. And attending always on time (i do not...) I think you are always the first to come to class, aren't you?